Various types of events in Delhi keep people busy and entertained all through the year. New Delhi being the capital of India witnesses plays host to numerous events all through the year. All types of events ranging from local and international cultural gatherings, art exhibitions, auto and defence expos, food festivals, book and trade fairs are arranged by various private and government organisations. We try to follow as many Delhi events as possible for our own pleasure as well as your convenience.
Major Events in Delhi from 2013
This list is not exhaustive and will be expanded in time:
1) Jashn-E-Khusrau 2013 (February 15th, 2013 onwards) :As part of a major Urban Renewal project in the Humayun’s Tomb – Hazrat Nizamuddin Basti area of Delhi, the Aga Khan Trust for Culture is hosting the JASHN-E-KHUSRAU festival with the support of the Ford Foundation from 15 February onwards.
The urban renewal initiative links conservation of the built heritage with programmes to improve the Quality of Life for local communities. A number of events covering classical dance, music, literature and other arts are held.
2) Bonjour India 2013 | Festival of France (January 16th, 2013 onwards) : Bonjour India is a 3 months long festival celebrated in 18 Indian cities which covers includes dance, music, literature, science, new circus, design, exhibitions, opera, architecture, economic meets and more with active involvement of French and Indian agencies.
3) World Book Fair 2013 (4th to 10th February, 2013 ) :New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) held for the past 40 years is now a major calendar event in the publishing world. It was held at Pragati Maidan from . Almost all major publishing houses from abroad as well as India are present each time.
4) Delhi Street Food Festival (Feburary 7th to 14th, 2013): Dilli Ke Pakwan was held on Baba Kharak SIngh Marg, near Connaugght Place from 7th to 14th Feburary. Street food vendors from all over Delhi were there showcasing best of Indian street food.
5) Indian Comic Con 2013 (Feburary 8th to 10th, 2013) :3rd Indian comic con was held in Dilli Haat, INA from Feb 8th to Feb 10th 2013. It’s the largest gathering of comic books and animation fans in India. This event is the platform for launch of lots of new ideas related to Indian comics.
6) Baisakhi Mela 2013 ( April 12th to 14th 2013) organised by Punjabi Academy ,Department of Art, Culture and Languages, Government of Delhi.in premises of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA). Read about the event in some detail on this link.
7) International Trade Fair 2013 (November 14-27, 2013) : Among all events in Delhi, event will be held in Pragati Maidan. It’s one of the biggest international gatherings of businesses and sees tens of thousands of visitors every single day.
7) AAHAAR: (From March 14-18, 2013 ) Aahar International Food & Hospitality Fair 2013 covers two separate but concurrent exhibitions. “Hospitality India” covering Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies and “Food India” covering Processed Foods & Beverages.
Major Events in Delhi from 2012
Apart from Trade Fair, Book Fairs and some miscellaneous cultural events, following are some of the major events in Delhi that we attended in 2012:
1) Defence Expo 2012 (March 29 to April 1, 2012) : Indian Defence Expo is a biennial event in which a variety of Land, Air and Naval defence and security systems from all over the world are displayed. Almost all major ad a number of small defence and military equipment manufacturers come every year.
3) Surajkund Mela (February 1st to 15th )It’s an annual folk arts fair that showcases finest Indian art, handicrafts, food etc. Artisans from all over India bring the best of their respective cultures and skills.
You can see some pictures from above events are in our photo gallery. We can arrange tickets, transport and other logistics if you wish to attend any of the current or future events in Delhi by contacting us on this page.