- 1.5 cups poha – red or white flattened rice
- 1 finely chopped onion,
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 – 3 tablespoon peanuts
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli,chopped
- Sugar as required
- 1.5 tablespoon oil
- Salt according to taste
- Rinse poha in water till they soften. They should loose their crunchiness and when you break them between your finger, they should easily get crushed or mashed.
- Add sugar, salt and turmeric powder to poha and mix.
- Dry roast the peanuts in a pan till they become crunchy.
- Heat oil in the same pan and crackle the mustard seeds first.
- Add onions and saute them till they become translucent.
- Add curry leaves and chopped green chilly.
- Saute for 35-45 seconds.
- Add the roasted peanuts and stir.
Serve warm or cool