- 1 cup besan (gram flour)
- 3 tablespoons rice flour (optional for extra crispiness)
- 1 tablespoon of coarsely ground coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 3/4 cup of water (Use water as needed)
- Oil to fry
- 1 small potato, sliced thin
- Thin slices of cauliflower
- 1/2 small zucchini, sliced thin
- Mix all the dry ingredients together: besan, rice flour, coriander powder, and salt.
- Add water slowly to make a smooth batter
- Next, add green chilies and cilantro. Mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- The frying pan should have at least 1 and a half inch of oil. (To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in oil. The batter should come up but not change color right away).
- Dip the vegetable slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop in frying pan.
- Fry the pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Turn them occasionally. Fry the pakoras until both sides are golden-brown.
- Serve them hot with chutneys