Baingan (eggplant) ka bhartaa
- 1 medium Baingan (eggplant)
- 1/2 cup boiled green peas
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 1 Finely chopped tomato
- 1 Finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tablespoon turmeric Powder
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Brush baingan (eggplant) with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
- Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add green peas and mashed baigan (eggplant). Stir well. Fry bhartha for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish the baingan bharta with green coriander leaves and serve hot with Indian breads (roti, naan)