Serves – 2
- Coriander leaves (and tender stems) – 1 cup tightly packed
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Grated Baby onions -7- 10 (or 2 medium sized onions)
- Grated coconut – 3-4 tablespoons
- Tamarind – 1/4 tablespoon tamarind paste (or a small piece)
- Salt according to taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Urad dal – 3/4 tablespoon
- Wash, drain and chop coriander leaves.Heat oil in a pan, add onions, green chillies and saute until onions turn pink.
- Add coriander leaves, grated coconut, tamarind and turn off the flame. Saute in the heat of the pan.
- Once it’s cool, grind it with salt and little water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add urad dal. Wait till dal turns golden brown. Add this seasoning to the chutney.
- Serve along with meals.