Recipe: Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab means rose water and jamun is a fruit. In India it is a milk based dessert, gifted to people during religious occasions or during happy occasions. The history of gulab Jamun takes us as further as China. It could also be an Arabic dish. While the history is very vague, the taste of gulab jamun is not at all vague but very distinctive.
- 3 cups milk powder.
- 1.5 cups of self-raising flour.
- 1 tsp semolina.
- Some thickened milk.
- 2.5 cups sugar.
- Water – 5 cups.
- Mix milk powder, flour, and semolina and knead with thickened cream to make a soft dough.
- Make small rounds.
- Deep fry them on low heat.
- Make sugar syrup from scratch.
- Add the cooked balls to the sugar syrup
- Serve hot.