Recipe : Kachori
Kachori is a savoury Indian snack. This snack is enjoyed with relish both at home and as a fast food snack. In-fact this snack is a staple for the Northern part of India during winters.
- Urad dal- ½ cup.
- Green chillies and ginger paste- 3 tsps.
- Asafoetida- 5 pinches.
- Salt to taste.
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp.
- Chilli powder- ½ tsp.
- Oil- 8 tbsp.
- Maida- 3 cups.
- Oil for frying.
- In a container, soak the dal overnight.
- Now semi -grind it with little quantity of water.
- In a non stick pan, add 2 tbsp of oil, heat it and then add asafoetida.
- Add ginger and green chilli paste.
- After oil starts separating add dal, stir it well and see to it that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Add chilli, pepper and salt. Mix it well.
- Keep stirring till the dal forms like dough.
- Make a dough consisting of maida, oil and salt.
- Make small rounds.
- Now add stuffing and then flatten it.
- Roll them once again and make it deep fried.
- They can be served at different times of the day.