Meat Kebab Recipe
Kebabs are made with minced or medium sized meat. Lamb, chicken, beef, fish are the most cmmon meats used for making kebabs. In Arabic, kebab means literally means to fry. There are different kinds of kebab found around the world but originally it is from Greece. The recipe given below is of Shammi kebab with its origins in India.
- ½ kg – minced meat (cleaned and washed).
- 2 – Eggs, beaten.
- 6 tbsp – gram dal (soaked for 30 minutes).
- 6 tbsp. – oil.
- 2 tsp. – cumin seeds.
- 5 – Cloves.
- 6 – Green cardamoms.
- 2 – Onions finely chopped.
- 15 cloves – garlic, coarsely pounded.
- 2.5” piece – ginger, coarsely pounded.
- 8 – Green chillies, finely chopped.
- ½ tsp. – turmeric powder.
- 3 tsp – red chilli powder.
- 4 tsp. – coriander powder.
- 1 handful – coriander leaves, finely chopped.
- Oil for shallow frying.
- Heat 6 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add cumin seeds, cardamoms, and cloves and sauté before adding finely chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- When onions turn translucent, add the drained off gram dal, kheema, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir often till kheema and dal becomes tender and the water dries off.
- Sauté after adding red chilli powder, coriander powder & coriander leaves.
- Add the eggs after beating it and combine well into the kheema mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and make round thick flattened kebabs and shallow fry till both the sides are golden.
- Serve with chutney.