Poha is famous almost in every state of India, in Maharashtra poha is also eaten with jalebi. In Maharashtra, kanda poha is very popular and in fact there is a song written on poha in one of the Marathi films
- 1 Cup of beaten rice.
- ¼ cup crushed groundnuts.
- ¼ cup coconut grated.
- ¼ cup coriander leaves.
- 1 stalk curry leaves.
- ¼ tsp. – sugar.
- Salt to taste.
- 5- Green chillies.
- 1 tsp. lime juice.
- 1.5 tbsp. oil.
- 2 onions chopped.
- 1 small potato chopped.
- ½ tsp each cumin seeds & mustard seeds.
- Wash poha till clean.
- In a heavy sauce pan, heat the oil and add seeds and then potatoes.
- Add onion, green chillies and curry leaves after stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir and fry onions till tender.
- Add poha and other ingredients.
- Adjust salt and lime.
- Garnish with the remaining coconut and coriander.
- Serve hot with tea or coffee.