Recipe: PUMPKIN (Kashifal/Kaddu)
Kaddu ki sabzi – easy and simple pumpkin recipe
- 1 small pumpkin/kaddu
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds/methi seeds
- 1 or 2 dry red chilies (optional)
- ½ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tsp sugar or 2 tsp crushed jaggery
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾th cup or 1 cup water
- a few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing (optional)
How to make the recipe:
1. Wash the pumpkin. Peel and chop it in small pieces.
2. In a pan heat oil.
3. Add the fenugreek seeds and fry for a minute on a low flame.
4. Now add the red chilies and fry for 15 seconds.
5. Add the chopped pumpkin and all the dry spice powders except garam masala and dry mango powder.
6. Mix the pumpkin with the rest of the spices, add water and salt.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes till they become soft and mushy
8. Once they become transparent and soft, it means its cooked now add the garam masala and dry mango powder.
9. Add the sugar.
10. Stir the pumpkin well and cook for minute or two.
11. If the sabzi still looks watery to you, then evaporate the water from the sabzi by cooking it without the lid.
12. The sabzi should not be dry nor watery, just in between.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve kaddu ki sabzi hot.
– Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)