Roti (bread) Recipe
Things required for preparation:-
- •225g plain flour – white, wholemeal or half and half
- •1/2tsp salt
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Add 150ml normal water and mix to a soft dough. If the mixture feels too dry add a little more water, if too wet add a little flour.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and roll each one out to approximate18 cm diameter circle. But it can be up to your preferences.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot, a little splash of water should spit when the pan is hot. Then place one roti in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutess until the roti starts to puff up and the underneath is brown in places. Flip the roti over and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- Keep the roti warm in a clean tea towel while cooking the remainder.