Recipe: Sooji Halwa
Sooji Ka Halwaa
Sooji Halwa is a very popular sweet in India. It is usually made during festive occasions or as parsad (offerings to God).
For 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2cup water
- Half tea spoon cardamom powder
- Some sliced dry fruits for garnish
- Boil water with sugar and cardamom powder in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and set aside.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat to melt ghee.
- Add sooji to the pan and roast to a golden brown color. Keep stirring constantly. This usually takes 6-7 minutes.
- Add the syrup that you prepared in step 1slowly.
- Turn down stove to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes. Keep on stirring occasionally.
- Sooji will slowly absorb water and the halwa a little softer.
- Garnish with dry fruits and serve.
Suggestion fo serving:
Hlawa tastes best when hot.
Many people eat with with poori for breakfast.