Spinach (Paalak in Hindi) Gravy Recipe
Spinach is one of the most nutritious ingredients you can add to sauces, in stuffed parathas, add it to rice and in spinach soup. It is very tasty when it is spicy. This is a green leafy vegetable that has a lot of vitamins and goes well with protein rich foods.
- 1.5 cups – Spinach.
- ½ cup – toor dal.
- 1.5 tsp. – cumin seeds.
- 10 – Dry red chillies.
- 3 tsps. – grated coconut.
- 4 flakes of garlic.
- A lemon sized tamarind.
- 4 tsps. – tomato puree.
- Salt to taste.
- Soak toor dal & tamarind in water separately for 10 mins.
- Cook cleaned and washed d spinach in as little water as possible.
- Grind cumin seeds, red chillies, and coconut to the toor dal to a smooth paste.
- While the spinach is on fire add the ground paste, tamarind water, smashed garlic tomato puree and salt.
- Season the spinach with mustard seeds, gram dal, curry leaves.
- Serve hot.