Poori Halwa Recipe
The taste of Halwa will make you experience the aura of Indian Culture. In every ethnic occasion Halwa is served as mark of respect to the ancient tradition. The soft delicacy easily pleases every age group with its mesmerizing taste.
- Rava- 1 Cup (semolina)
- Sugar- 1 Cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Water- 1.5 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1.5 grams
- Dry fruits (if needed)
- Saffron- A pinch
- Ghee- 2 tbsp (clarified butter)
- Wheat flour- 3 cups
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- In a deep vessel for 2 minutes roast the semolina (Rava) on low flame
- Add ghee and then for 4 minutes again roast the mixture
- Stir the Rava and keep it aside in a dish
- Put water, sugar, milk in the same vessel to roast Rava
- Add cardamom powder, saffron, dry fruits and let it boil on low flame for few seconds.
- Add the roasted Rava, stir it brilliantly to avoid lumps
- When it gets transformed in solid mass consider it as done and well roasted
- Garnish it with dry fruits and serve it with puris
For the Puri:
- In the sieved flour add oil and salt.
- Add water to knead and making it into a soft dough
- Make small balls and make them chapped into 8 cm discs.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Stop when the discs puff up and are golden brown in color.
- Served best with hot Halwa