GOLDEN SAMOSA: Delhi, Agra & Jaipur – Tour in 6 Days
- Places covered: New Delhi, Agra, Jaipur,
- Activities: Food tours, cooking classes, cycling tours, playtime with elephants, kitchen tours, introduction to spices, city walks, photo walks..
- Mode of transport: By road
- Accommodation: A mix of best heritage and luxury hotels.
- Meals: Meals included from food tours, top specialty restaurants and hotels.
- Transport: In comfortable air-conditioned vehicles.
- Sightseeing: Major landmarks of all cities in addition to some hidden gems on the way
- Duration: 6 days (Options to add more days)
- Contact: Email – email@example.com, Phone +919810645418 +918802105459
||Food tour, sightseeing
||Cooking class, Optional sightseeing
Optional food walk, cycling tour
||Sightseeing, Optional food walk.
||Playtime with elephants,
Optional cooking class
Detailed Travel Itinerary
DAY 1 Delhi.
First day in Delhi will be the time to begin the food tour of Delhi from Old Delhi. This tour which is the top ranked culinary tour service in Delhi will serve as a great introduction to Indian food and culture and will help set the tone for rest of your trip to India. There will be approximately 18-20 different Indian food dishes from different Indian cuisines and you’ll visit up to 10 different food joints in Old Delhi, Central and South Delhi. All of the food joints that you’ll visit have been in business for generations and are famous for their quality of food. The oldest place in the list is in business for 110 years and youngest for 40.
You’ll sample delicacies like samosa, lassi, butter chicken, kulfi (Indian ice creams), melt in mouth kebabs and much more. The Old Delhi part of the tour will take you through the old, narrow streets of medieval Delhi marked by old mansions, centuries old market and thousands of people milling about in their daily routine. Each lane in this area is a market for different commodity like invitation cards, spices, bicycles, cameras, utensils, vegetables, clothes , shoes, books and much more. The food tour will also include a visit to Spice Market of Delhi in which the you will learn about various kinds of spices used in Indian cooking.
- ACTIVITIES: Food tour of Delhi, sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Tea tasting, Photo Walk, Food Tour With Chef.
- MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and dinner during food tour
DAY 2, Delhi.
It’s time to cook some of the things that you sampled the day before in a cooking class led by a chef and his family. The class will begin with making of masala chai (Indian tea) along with some fried Indian snacks, pakodas which are best enjoyed hot. Enjoy your piping hot chai with pakodas as the chef gives you an introduction about Indian food and he things to expect during the cooking class. Then it’ll be the time to don the aprons and start cooking. You’ll learn to cook proper Indian meals consisting of pulao, daal (lentils), eggplant, raita, rotis (flat Indian breads), stuffed paranthas (stuffed and fried rotis), vegetables and more. Dessert will be in form of halwa.
On prior request, non-vegetarian food can also be covered in form of butter chicken, chicken tikka, mutton curry etc. The cooking class will end with a meal of all the things cooked by you. All the participants will also receive a small gift hamper of some of the basic Indian spices used in a typical north-Indian kitchen. After the cooking class, you can visit India Gate, Rajpath and President’s House. This area is the favourite family picnic spot for residents of New Delhi and is quite picturesque, specially after dark.
By default, cooking class goes on for half day. A full day cooking class is available on request.
- ACTIVITIES: Cooking class, sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Full day cooking class.
- MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
OPTIONAL DAY 2 Delhi.
Sights of Delhi
For people who are more interested in sightseeing rather than learning to cook, this is an optional day plan.
This day inDelhi will be dedicated to exploring it’s famous and not so famous corners. To start the tour, we’ll first visit Humayun’s Tomb, a majestic monument built in remembrance of Humayun, the first proper Mughal king. The tomb’s design was used in Taj Mahal and the similarities between the two monuments is quite obvious. Next stop will be the grand Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, a beautiful complex full of beautiful art, gardens and fountains. It’s also the world record holder for World’s Largest Comprehensive Hindu Temple. After lunch, we’ll visit the National Museum nearby, which is among the largest museums in India. A large number of articles ranging from prehistoric era to modern works of art are on display. Later, we will go to RajPath and see President’s House, India Gate and gardens around it. India Gate is a war memorial constructed in memory of soldiers who died during World War 1 and Anglo Afghan wars. After a short walk, it’ll be time to head back to the hotel.
- ACTIVITIES: Delhi sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Photo tour.
- MEALS: Breakfast in hotel. Lunch during sightseeing.
DAY 3. Transport : Delhi-Agra:
Wake up early and get in to your vehicle for a 3 hours drive to Agra. Leave your luggage at the hotel and reach Taj Mahal, one of the 7 wonders of the world. According to most people, it looks much better in real life than in photos. Enjoy your time there, soaking in all the sights and thousands of small but mind blowing details that most people miss without someone to tell them.
Take a walk in the gardens and enjoy the play of water in fountains which increase it’s beauty many times over. Sit on the marble bench and get your photos clicked in the same place where countless celebrities like Diana have posed for pictures.Walk out and reach Agra Fort made of red sandstone for an interesting history lesson. As you walk through various parts of the fort, notice the breathtaking views of Taj Mahal as well as the Agra town which will come up. After this, we’ll take a walk through the centuries old and famous Agra market and take a look at the wide variety of colourful art and various other things on display.
Optional Food Walk:
After your visit to all the monument. You can rest for 2 hours in your hotel. In the evening around 16:00 hrs the food expert will pick you from hotel to take you on food ride to Old Agra. A visit to Agra is incomplete without tasting it’s delightful local cuisine. This food tour of Agra will help you taste delicious street food dishes of varied Indian cuisines available from some of the oldest and most reputed food joints in the city. All the food items have been personally tested and are as safe as possible. It is a walking tour of Agra city in which you will visit walk around some non-touristy markets of Agra city and taste some of the best local food dishes. The food served in this food walk is equivalent to one meal plus various snacks served during a duration of 3-4 hours. We visit around 7-9 different food places and taste the authentic local street food of Agra and a full meal for dinner. This food tour can be enjoyed by vegetarians as well as non-vegetarians.
Optional Bicycle Tour:
In winters early morning before visiting Taj Mahal one can join our bicycle tour. A cycling tour of Agra city helps a traveller explore the city and daily lives of it’s people. These cycle tours start early morning and focus on less touristy areas of the Agra city like flower market, vegetable market, Dhobi Ghat (clothes washing area), colonial and Mughal sections, ancient Hindu temples, mosques and churches spread all over. This is a special tour organised for travelers interested in the local life of the city. The participants in a cycling tours like this can see numerous offbeat places in Agra which are generally not the part of normal tourist guidebooks and tours.
- ACTIVITIES: Agra sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Food walk, Morning Cycling tour in Agra.
- MEALS: Breakfast and lunch
DAY4, Agra – Jaipur:
Food tour of Jaipur
After an early wake up, we will drive towards Jaipur and check in the hotel for a couple of hours of rest and freshening up. After this we will begin to explore the Pink City of India by a delightful food walk through it’s old markets and lanes. We’ll walk through the streets and pink markets enjoying the sights of this easygoing city and sample all the delicious food it has to offer. During the food tour we’ll sample different types of delicious kachoris, chai prepared over charcoal fire, some justly famous Rajasthani sweets, around half a dozen different snacks and a big traditional Rajasthani dinner at the end.
During the food tour, we’ll cover sights such as Galta-jee Temple (with it’s resident population of monkeys and langurs), Nahargarh Fort and a few more depending upon available time. Explore the local markets with their mind boggling varieties of colours, fragrances and people selling and buying almost everything under the sun like clothes, jewelry, bangles, shoes, utensils, spices and much more. These traditional markets of Jaipur are a big attraction by themselves.
- ACTIVITIES: Food tour of Jaipur, Sightseeing.
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Sightseeing of Jaipur
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch and dinner. ( Lunch and dinner during food tour)
DAY 5, Jaipur: Playtime with gentle giants
After an early breakfast, it’s time to have some fun with friendly and intelligent elephants of Elefantastic. We’ll have the chance to ride them, play, feed and do a tons of fun things with the gentle giants. The trainers take very good care of the animals and they are treated as family members instead of an owned animal. After the lunch, it’s time for a visit to the famous Hawa Mahal (Palace of wind). It’s 5 stories tall and built of red and pink sandstone. Front of Hawa Mahal consists of 953 small windows (jharokhas) which are decorated with intricate lattice work. You’ll then visit Jantar Mantar, an incredible astronomical observatory built in early 18th century by Maharaja Jai Singh. After observatory, we visit Jaipur City Palace which is still partly a royal residence in addition to housing a museum. Then it’s time to visit the famous Jal Mahal, a palace constructed on an island in Man Sagar Lake.
- ACTIVITIES: Playing with elephants. Sightseeing
- OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES: Cooking class in Jaipur
- MEALS: Breakfast, lunch ( Lunch during Elefantastic).
DAY 6: Drive back to Delhi
Last day of the journey will begin with a leisurely breakfast. After this, your driver will either drive you back to Delhi or leave you in Jaipur according to your choice.
END OF TRIP
HOTELS LIST: Please keep in mind that the following list is just for general reference and the final one will be finalised during confirmation . If the properties mentioned here are not available for any reason, we will provide accommodation in similar properties.
- New Delhi: Taj Vivanta, Radisson Blu, Royal Plaza.
- Agra: Wyndham Grand, Clarks, Marriott Agra.
- Jaipur: Ramada, Nahargarh Haveli, Narain Niwas.
TRANSPORT: On road by a sedan (Toyota Etios or similar) for 1-2 guests. By Toyota Innova for bigger group (3-5)
- No contract between the company and the guest will be applicable till the deposit has been paid and following terms and conditions accepted.
- Clients are accepted on the understanding that they appreciate the risks in travel which may include injury, sickness, theft or death and that the clients undertake the tours at their own risk. Travel insurance is highly recommended for each tour.
- We try to keep these tours as safe as possible for everyone, but we can’t be held responsible if someone falls sick directly or indirectly due to any food or drink consumed during the tour or any activity..
- Availability of activities varies according to factors like availability of guides, weather, traffic and various other factors.
- Please let us know of any allergies and intolerances well in advance and we will try to do our best to make it work for you.
- Information presented on our website and emails are true to best of our knowledge. But some points of the tour like activities, duration, places may change without further notice due to reasons beyond our control. We inform the guests of any such changes as soon as possible.
- A surcharge of 3% is applicable on credit card payments.
- If the guests have any complaint or want to change anything, they must tell the group leader first as soon as possible.
- We make a point to listen to our guests but the decisions made by tour leaders will be final in all matters.
- A non-refundable deposit fee of 40 % of total cost of tour is required when confirming a booking. It will be refunded in case of overbooking or cancellation of tour. Rest of the amount has to be paid at least 20 days before the last booking date. Should the client fail to make the payment, their slot may be allotted to the next guest. Late applicants can consider joining the next group or shifting dates.
- Tour costs are calculated according to prevailing prices at the time of designing the itinerary. Company will not be held responsible for any changes beyond it’s control.
- In case of underbooking, some aspects of the tour maybe changed.
Any cancellations made by a client must be done before certain dates . The date on which the company receives the correspondence, The cancellation charge, if any will depend upon the date the company receives the request from client.General charges applicable in the event of a cancellation shall be as follows from the day of closing booking:
- Cancellation 2 months before last booking date : 25%
- 59-30 days: 30%
- 29-10 days: 50%
- 9-5 days: 75%
- Any cancellation after that isn’t eligible for refund.